Thank you for taking on this project.
Topic: The individual at work and local business / Work and employment issues concern the individual at local communities
Word limit: 2,500 (strictly no more words)
Task: The task is an open-ended, problem-based project. Engage with the local community and find out how work and employment issues concern the local businesses and individual at work.
The project entails having to get information from the workplaces in the community of your choice. You can use a variety of methods to gather information, as long as you justify how your chosen method(s) help to understand the issues and overcome challenges in conducting this project. Your information can come from different sources, such as websites, local or national statistical data, new paper articles, academic papers or interviews with individual business owners and workers.
Possible directions of investigation, from which you can choose two to focus on:
1. Is the community a globalised space of work, judging by the composition of the workforce and businesses
2. What connection do the businesses have with workers living locally?
3. Is there a sense of the community is part of the identity for businesses and workers?
4. Has any big businesses moved in or out of the community in the past 5-10 years? What are the impacts of such move on the local people?
5. What are the patterns of work in the local community How have such patterns changed over the past 5-10 years?
6. Are changes in the patterns of work a reflection of the wider national economic trend?
The observable field should be a local community (relatively small village, town, dispute, city, etc.), wherever you have convenient access to.
To observe the individuals at work places, you can consider business owners, freelancers, part-time or full-time workers.
PLEASE REFER TO THE SAMPLE PROJECT REPORT ATTACHED
Please message me anytime for further information.